Saturday 5 September 2009

Fabric Flower...1st Sewing Project


My first flower :)


I've been meaning to make one of these flowers for ages but never got round to it, so I've taken the plunge and tried it out!

The fabric is an offcut from Ikea and I cut the circle with the largest circle nestability die (you need to run it through the machine a few times, and cut the bits that are not quite cut through). Thread a running stitch around the outside edge and pull tight and fasten off. Cut a small circle (nestabilities) from felt, sew it on and finish it all off with a button.

The leaves are cut from felt with a sizzix die using the Cuttlebug.
I'm on the look out for nice fabric now, I think I'll be using these flowers in different sizes on my mini books :)

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Very sophisticated Sarah. Have a Google Alert for your blog and am loving it. Vx

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

lol, Vicky! it's very easy :) good to hear from you! xx