Friday 19 February 2010

Lydia's 13th Birthday Cards

I can't quite believe that Lydia is a teenager today! 

I was last minute as usual making her cards, I finished the one from Caleb and Phoebe in the early hours of this morning..... Inspired by my cousin Vicky's Blog, I blew the dust off my sewing machine and got a bit carried away sewing everything!  I made a matching bag for Lydia's present and sewed it too.  I do love the way the card turned out and I think I'll be using stitching on a few more projects.

It's funny how times have changed, for my 13th birthday I got my sewing machine :) but in those days we did 'Needlework' at school.  I think it's sad that those skills are not taught now......I'm beginning to feel ancient!! lol.


Close up of pleating

The card from Caleb and Phoebe - image is a Unity stamp which I paper pieced.

I also made this little bag to hold her present



This is what she asked for - lots of sparkle!


Thanks for visiting!
Sarah x

2 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh Sarah they're stunning (your sewing puts mine to shame!) Tell your gorgeous daughter Happy Birthday from all of us here. Vx

Lynne in NI said...

Gorgeous cards Sarah - love your paper pleating, I'll have to try that it looks fab!
Love your daughter's watch too! Looks like she had a great day
:o)