Monday 7 June 2010

Hello again!

I'm sure you all think I've left the country, it's been so long since I last posted anything!
I have been busy with the children, sorting out my craft space with more storage (long overdue!) and making/finishing off bits and pieces.

I'm sure you're fed up looking at these bags but I'm showing this one because I love it (it was really hard to part with!) The paper is Basic Grey and the scallop top was made using a 'Colour my World' template.  I got my templates from the Paper Mill shop and I really love them. Sometimes I find the scallops on punches just a little too small and they get lost on patterned paper. 

Colour my World Templates with an edge by Jayne Bentley
I'm loving distress inks at the minute and using them on everything!  The top of the bag is  white card inked with a combination of Antique Linen, Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet.  I also inked the edges of the bag after I had added the top.  The flower I made following a tutorial by Vicky .  Because I was using distress inks, I started with thin white card and as I don't have those punches I used scallop nestabilities in 3 different sizes.
After I'd inked the card pink ,I stamped it again with a music stamp in Victorian Velvet.  The card was too thin to separate the edges so I just crumpled it while the ink was still damp.  I think the scallop edges give a lovely heart shape to the petals after they're snipped!  The swirls are white chipboard cut with a sizzix die and inked with Sage/Victorian Velvet distress inks.
The 'thank you' tag is computer generated and cut out with Nestabilities Label 4 die and the edges inked.  Finally after all that, here's the bag.......






 

2 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Thanks for the mention Sarah! Yours is different to mine - I love how everybody's crafting is so individual. LOVE your bag, it's so pretty and feminine.

Naeve said...

Hi Sarah! My mum passed on your blog address to me, it's wonderful, the things you make are beautiful! Thank you for all your help earlier and I'll hopefully get talking to you again soon :)