Saturday 17 July 2010

Baby Girl Gift Set

There seems to be a baby boom all of a sudden!  I have 4 baby gifts to make, 2 for girls and 2 for boys.  I like to give personalised altered photo albums so I'll be posting a few over the next couple of days! 

Baby Girl Card
The little giraffe is made by Woodware and is stamped using pink paint, then cut out and raised on foam pads.  The glitter detail around the edge of the circle and on the giraffe is stardust Stickles glitter glue. The dots are White Opal liquid pearls. 

Altered Photo Album 

The chipboard letters are cut with Sizzix alphabet dies ~ Slim, and painted with Anita's baby pink paint.  I cut a piece of vellum with a Labels 4 Nestablilities die and painted the edges with pink.  I then glued the letters to the vellum and attached it all to the album by putting tiny dots of glue behind the letters so when it is stuck on, you can't see the glue through the vellum.
The swirls are cut with a Marianne Creatables die (which my lovely friend Meryl sent home with Mum & Dad from Australia) I love these little dies ~ you can cut and emboss with them at the same time. The flowers are Green Tara and I edged them with stardust stickles.

 Gift Bag
The bag is made from 2 sheets of A4 cardstock. After scoring the card, I stamped (Unity) flowers all along the bottom edge using grass green & opera pink versacolor inks.  The giraffe is stamped with the pink ink on spare card and cut out before gluing to the front of the bag.  The butterfly (Unity again!) is stamped twice on spare card in the two inks and cut out.  The green butterfly is glued flat on the bag and the pink one is glued along the centre only and the wings lifted up.  Detail is added with white opal liquid pearls.  The tag is made by cutting a circle in spare card edging it with pink ink and stamping using Studio G baby stamps.


Centre of the Flowers ~ Liquid Pearls
TIP:  If you don't like the little peaks left when using liquid pearls, if you gently flick the underside of the card with your finger the peaks should disappear!!

Milk Carton Box
I used an empty carton to make a template for this box.  The carton I had was too short so I adjusted the measurements to fit a 12"x12" page.  After scoring it, I used a nestabilities labels 8 die to draw around and cut it out with a craft knife (the page was too big to fit in the cuttlebug). I cut the frame using 2 dies and glued it to the front.  I cut a piece of acetate with a larger die in the set and taped it behind the frame. Then I stamped the flowers around the bottom the same as the bag and also the butterfly and giraffe.


With this giraffe I cut off the stamped mane and added some fibres to add texture :)  I also added glossy accents to all his spots but it doesn't show in the photo.


The Complete Set

Thank you for taking the time to stop by today. I didn't intend for it to be such a long post!!
If you'd like the dimensons of the bag or box, just email me and I'll be happy to send them to you :)
Sarah xx

3 comments:

naeve said...

Beautiful! I particularly liked the gift bags :)

Vicky Hayes said...

I'm so blown away by this beautiful set Sarah! Everything is perfect about it.

Anonymous said...

Have just re-discovered your blog today :) Glad to have been the recipient of this beautiful set - the photo album is all filled up now and the bear gets played with lots - it's actually just sitting beside me here! I see you are now through your surgery - really hope you're feeling lots better soon.
Love Ruth x