Sunday 11 July 2010

Messy Rabbit Wedding Card


Insert


Layered Flowers

Box for the card

Hello again!
I have been so bad at updating this blog :(  Mum and Dad came home from Australia last week, their cases bulging with craft goodies for me. So I haven't been crafting much.....just drooling over it all before tidying it away ~ lol.

What I have made though is this wedding card.  I love Messy Rabbit stamps and coloured this pair in with Distress Inks.  I did all the stitching by hand using the Tim Holtz clear ruler to pierce the holes first.  The line along the bottom is a bit wonky where the ruler slipped and I didn't notice until it was too late....oops!  The doily lace edge around the circle was made using the Martha Stewart doily lace edger punch (I saw a tutorial on how to do it ages ago but can't remember whose it was - sorry!) The flowers were embellished with liquid pearls and the leaves with stickles glitter glue.

Enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for visiting :)
Sarah x

Edited to add
The card was too raised to fit in a regular envelope so I made a little box to put it in.  I usually just print an insert for inside my cards but this time as it was going in a box I decorated the inside too.  The heart at the top is stitched (using a papermania template) and the flowers & leaves on the bottom corner are all punched.

Supplies
Paper - Basic Grey Perhaps
Stamp - Messy Rabbit
Colouring - Distress Inks~frayed burlap, tattered rose, victorian velvet, peeled paint, shabby shutter
Punches - Martha Stewart Doily Lace, Woodware Grass ~yellow & green sizes
Flowers - Kaisercraft & Green Tara
Sentiment - computer generated
Cream organza ribbon
White Opal liquid pearls & Stardust stickles

3 comments:

naeve said...

Very pretty :)

Lynne in NI said...

Awwww, beautiful card Sarah!
Enjoy your new goodies

Vicky Hayes said...

This is a stunning piece of work Sarah! They're sure to love it. Aren't your mum and dad lovely - nothing beats getting new crafting goodies!