Thursday 27 January 2011

Belated Happy New Year :)

I had written this post a month ago on the 20th December and just needed to add photos - it got put on hold and I'm only getting back to it now! I thought I'd post it anyway....


Hi again!

At last I'm back with some projects...

It's been a bit horrendous here as the children have taken sick one after the other and I seem to have been continually washing bedding, pyjamas and floors :( and to top it all, my tumble dryer has burnt out with all the usage....

Anyway! here are the Christmas cards, some treat boxes and bags for the teachers.  They are not matching sets this year as they were made in fits and starts.

Some other news!

I went to the Hobbycrafts show in the NEC in Birmingham at the beginning of November with some friends and while I was there I did a fab Sizzix make and take.  At the stand you were able to fill out a form with your details to be entered into a competition to win a Sizzix Big Shot, Doctor's Bag and Dies.

I thought no more about it and on the Monday after the show, I got a call from Pete at Sizzix to say I had won!!!

The parcel arrived very quickly and I have to say I love the Big Shot :)  I love the fact that it doesn't wobble or move when you're passing the dies through it.  I use my Cuttlebug plates with it though as I can't get used to the multipurpose platform that comes with it!

 Sizzix die - Merry & Bright (part of the prize I won)
Front of the bag

The bag is made with 2 sheets of white A4 cardstock
 

Sizzix die - stocking 

 The mouse is an Elzybells stamp

This little box was cut out with the Craft Robo.  I bought the file from My Time Made Easy but the measurements were a bit off so with the help of hubby, we soon had it sorted. I made a small version to hold sweets  but you can make it bigger.

  

The choir singers stamp is from Lili of the Valley 

The poinsettia was cut with the Craft Robo, edged with Snow Cap dabber and layered.
The centre is done with Pebeo 3D paint. 



 The mouse is an Elzybells stamp

Another Elzybells stamp 

 The skater is a Lili of the Valley stamp

 I used Stardust stickles for the fur trim on her coat and hat and on the ice.
The flourishes are cut with a Marianne die.

Because they were made quite a while ago I can't remember some of the papers used but I'll post a list of some supplies later on today.

Sorry it's been so long for this update.  My health is still not as it should be but I'm having an operation next month and I hope I will be right as rain after that with a few weeks recovery time:)

Thank you for your patience!
Sarah xx 

1 comment:

Vicky Hayes said...

Just catching up on my favourite blogs and it's a real treat to see your Christmas projects Sarah. Congratulations on winning that Big Shot!