Saturday 14 May 2011

Baby girl - A Passion for Stamps digi image

After all the problems with blogger over the past couple of days, I'm finally getting this pic uploaded.  I've also had to post Thursday's card again - with all the hooha, somehow it ended up lost!


This gorgeous little special delivery digi image is from A Passion for Stamps and I coloured it with copics and koh-i-noor pencils.
The circles (plain & scalloped) are cut with nestabilities dies.
To make the flowers - punch them out with a daisy punch, turn them over and score lines from the centre of the flower to the end of each petal.  Then gently fold the sides together (without creating a definite crease mark). Turn over again.
Layer 2 daisies together and another smaller punched flower and finish with a pink gem.
The leaves are made with a McGill pine leaf punch.
The sentiment is computer generated using Splendid 66 & Worstveldsling fonts (dafont.com).
The tulle ribbon and button are from my stash - I think I got the ribbon reel from Crafts U Love.

I'm off now to have a look at the Less is More blog to see what the challenge is for this week - mind you, I still have birthday cards to make for my triplet nephews for tomorrow so I might be better doing that first......I might get too distracted otherwise :)

Thanks for taking the time to visit today, see you soon!
Sarah x

I'm going to enter this card to the following challenges
Simon Says Stamp - baby card
Papertake Weekly - Use punches or die cuts
My Mum's Craft Shop - To die for
I hope I've done it right.....!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Sweet card Sarah, what a gorgeous image.
I love the shaped daisies and the tule ribbon too :)
Jenny x

Ruth said...

This is a very pretty card.Perfect for a new baby girl...the tulle ribbon looks so soft with the gingham etc. I'll have to try those flowers too!
I do love this...mind if I pop it in my gallery as usual? Ruth x

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

Thank you Ruth! of course you can :) Sarah x

Anonymous said...

So pretty Sarah! x

* Üla * said...

This is a very lovely Baby card. I love your soft colours and image. Thans for playing along this week with Papertake Weekly Challenge.
Ula x

Vicky Hayes said...

This is so cute - and I love the stork's little feet! Blogger being down knocked lots of us for six! I had heaps of things I should have been doing but decided to spend the day scrapbooking instead! Vx

cebelica said...

So sweet! I love this image! Thanks for joining us at MMCS challenges this week!
Hugs!

Melissa Bove said...

Super adorable card! Sweet image!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa