Wednesday 30 November 2011

...ANOTHER 2 months and some sock monkeys!

Hello everyone!

The blog scheduling went well, didn't it......! lol

I can tell you that in between looking after sick children, I have managed to do a little papercrafting and sewing , just not got it posted yet.  Here's a few of the cards and some sock monkeys:



For this card I used the Long Fellows hostess set from Stampin' Up and the sentiment was coloured using Stampin' Up markers (I love them!) The balloon is a cuttlebug kids die cut, embossed with the swiss dots folder and edged with stardust stickles.


I used an Elzybells stamp for this card and the spotty paper is doodlebug.  

I made this bag ages ago and found the photos when transferring them from one computer to the other.  I used adhesive backed funky foam for the embellishements and cut them out using the Cuttlebug 'Olivia' die set.



My Mum went to Australia for 6 weeks in September and I made these sock monkeys for her to take to my little nephews.  I made the hats from Ikea's fleece blankets.



This was the first monkey I made for them but it turned out a bit girly, so Phoebe claimed it!

At the minute I'm decorating a wooden advent calendar and I'd better get a move on since the first day will be tomorrow!  I'll post pics of it as soon as I can and also pics of the mini book I gave a sneak peek of, in the last post.

I'll try and be back soon, thank you for bearing with me  :)
Sarah x

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, fab selection of cards and love those monkeys!
Helen x

Jacqueline said...

I LOVE those monkeys - worth waiting 2 months to see! - Jacqueline xx

Victoria said...

Sarah. I just LOVE your sock Monkeys!! I'd love to give one of these a go myself!! Can you tell me if there is a link that I can go to to show me how to make them please?
Hugs, Victoria ~x~

Vicky Hayes said...

Hey Sarah! Glad to see you back in blogland - and with a stunning selection of projects too! I've come across many sock monkeys but these are absolutely the best I've ever seen - I'm sure the boys love them! Vx

Anonymous said...

Sarah!! What amazing makes! Love your cards and those sock monkeys are just adorable!! Love seeing what you make even if we do wait months to see it, lol!
xxx

Jenny said...

Hi Sarah,
I thought I had left a comment...apologies :)
Lovely to see you again in Blogland, missed your wonderful cards and sewing.
The sock monkeys are so cute and beautifully made, a great selection of cards too...the softly inked circle on the first caught my eye, lovely highlight for the hearts :)
Jenny x

Wishcraft said...

So many fabulous creations Sarah! Love them all, but your sock monkeys are especially gorgeous :o) Lisa x