Tuesday 10 April 2012

Post-it Note Holder and Easter treats

Good Morning!

Just a quick post today

We're hoping to head out to a forest park near our home
so the children can let off steam!
They're hyping about the house this morning after being cooped up yesterday
and they're doing my head in!! lol
Please stay away rain....

I made this post-it note holder last week with some of the papers I had left over from my scrapbook page and I thought it would be handy to keep beside the phone.
 In theory anyway...
Phoebe has a habit of drawing on anything she finds so I might have to hide it :)


 It is very simple and quick to make :)
You need a piece of card 24cms x 15cms then score it at 11, 12 and 13cms on the longest edge.
When you have folded the card, cut two slits roughly 2cms apart to make a pen holder.
(see the photo below for placement)


  You can now decorate it to your heart's content!
I left the inside plain but you could add a quote, or a photo or even make it into a mini layout.
A mini calendar would be useful too....


For the front I added seam binding ribbon and tied a button through it. The butterfly is punched 3 times with a Martha Stewart punch and layered. The word 'notes' are American Crafts Thickers.


 I nearly forgot about these little bags and toppers I made for Phoebe's wee friend and her brother.
I used cello bags (for bookmarks) and filled them with jelly beans.
Then cut the toppers with the Cameo.
The chick and eggs were the same Silhouette file as I used on the treat bags in yesterday's post only this time I cut the names out instead of printing them.


The gorgeous little heart ribbon is by Dovecraft and
I used two strands of blue and white raffia on Timos' topper.


 Sorry!
It wasn't such a quick post after all...

Thank you so much for visiting me today and I'd like to say a big hello to my new followers!
You've all been so kind leaving comments and I love reading them.
I have gained so much from other people sharing on their blogs
 that I'm glad I can share something back :)

I'll be back tomorrow with baby cards for my niece and some knitting...
Have a lovely day :)
Sarah xx

I'd like to enter these in the following challenges
Make it Monday #84 ~ anything goes
Gingerloft Challenge ~ anything but a card
PanPastel Uk ~ sweet treats (Easter sweet bags)
Creative Inspirations ~ Bunnies, Chicks or Eggs (Easter sweet bags)
Lollipop Crafts ~ anything Easter goes (Easter sweet bags)
Creative Monday ~ anything but a card 

16 comments:

MiniOwner said...

I love love love these, Sarah. :o)
Sue x

Margaret said...

Fabulous Sarah, love the post-it note holder and the treat bags!!
Margaret x

Manderly said...

Wow, Sarah, these are very nice. I love the post-it holder and the way you put it so a pen can be inserted. Always losing my pen! And the candy treat tops are sooo cute! Wonderful creations! Thanks so much for entering Gingerloft's Challenge.
Manderly

Joy said...

Aww Sarah they're lovely. I made the bags with my class but I've been naughty and not updated my blog yet. ( nor for ages ) must get it sorted!!!! The ladies loved it and one told me she wouldn't sleep she was so excited!!! Thanks for letting me use the idea! X

TRACEY MO said...

Very cool project nice bright fun colours brilliant!!!

Thanks for joining us at gingerloft good luck

Tracey DT

Anonymous said...

Wow, fabulous makes Sarah, love them!
Helen x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fantastic little easter bags, I love the little chicks, thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Sonia said...

You did a Fabby Easter creation!, love the little chick, colors, bows and of course jelly beans, mmm! so delicious.
GREAT JOB!
Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts. Good Luck!
-Sony DT
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Sherry said...

Absolutely luv these. So cute!! Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft's Challenge.

Hugs,

Sherry

Jools said...

Love these sweetie bags, great concept, they could be filled with anything. Jools. xx

Darnell said...

Sarah, your post-it note holder is so adorable. Thanks so much for sharing how to do it!!

1CardCreator said...

This is very clever! Saw you at Make it Monday. ~Diane (I am # 103)

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a professional-looking post it note holder! I love that paper, with the little birdies on it. So cute!

Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Paints!

Michelle said...

Two great projects Sarah! I love post it note holders, they make such great little gift ideas. Never thought to make nice one for myself......:o)

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

scrap joanny said...

so sweet and cute - perfect for us challenge -thank so much for playing with
Lollipop Crafts challenges - hugs Joanna

Mimi said...

Congrats! You're one of our Feature Friday players on Lollipop Crafts! Beautiful project! ;)