Thursday 24 May 2012

Vintage card with a Cardmaker's Delights topper

Good Afternoon!

Last week I had a lovely email from Tracy at Cardmaker's Delights
and she offered to send me a sample pack of the card toppers she sells.
I had a look at her website and jumped at the chance to have a play with them :)
They are excellent quality and the colours are beautiful.
I made this card using the topper from here.

It's for my Mother-in-Law for her birthday next month.


I started by distressing the edges of the topper with this little tool and then inked them with vintage photo distress ink.
I layered it on black card and distressed the edges of it too, then machine stitched them together.
The papers from a Prima Almanac 6x6 paper pad and I inked the edges of the cut pieces before machine stitching them.
The flourishes are cut with a Sizzix die and the layered butterfly with a Martha Stewart punch.
The lace, pearls, pins and button are from my stash and I tied black hemp twine through the button before attaching it with a glue dot.



The weather here is just beautiful and as I'm feeling much better
Mum, Lydia and I went for an early morning walk by the river, a short drive from where we live.
The sun was shining and the birds were singing, it was so good to get out of the house!



I really hope you are having a lovely day wherever you are :)
Thanks again for coming to visit
and I will have a Father's Day card to share tomorrow.

Take care
Sarah xx

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Divas by Design ~ flourishes
Just Keep on Creating #2 ~ anything goes + travel stories (Best holiday ever was St Lucia, beautiful scenery, delicious food, fantastic beaches, great company)
Penny's Challenges ~ anything goes
Bunny Zoe's ~ anything goes
Whimsy Stamps ~ vintage / shabby chic
Die Cuttin Divas ~ buttons, banner and / or birthdays (die cut used Sizzix flourish)
Party time Tuesdays ~ vintage or shabby chic
Sweet Stamps ~ anything goes

27 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Sarah,love the image.xxx

Tracy @ Cardmaker's Delights said...

Sarah, I adore your card, it's soooooo beautifully vintage! So glad you’re feeling better now hun. Thanks for the mention :) Hugs, Tracy xxx

Darlene said...

Absolutely awesome! LOVE your choice of background papers ... really makes the image POP! And your lace, button, pearls & pins embellishments are PERFECT!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘THE GOOD OLE DAYS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Vicky Hayes said...

So pleased you're feeling better Sarah and you've made a wonderful card with the topper. Next time I see you I shall be begging for sewing lessons - how DO you get a straight line?! Vicky x

Pat N. said...

Your card is lovely; the combination of papers was perfect for this card. Thanks for entering the Die Cuttin' Divas challenge.--Pat N.

Gibmiss said...

Hi sarah glad you are feeling better and you have lovely weather... Your card is fab love the lace bow ...
Hugs Sylvie
Xx

Flowergirl said...

This is gorgeous! Love your choice of colours, those papers are fab x
Glad you're feeling a bit better x
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Sooo beautiful Sarah! Love your choice of papers and the added stitching.

Would love to be where that photo was taken!
xx

Margie said...

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better and out and about again. The sunshine makes everything seem better doesn't it. Your card is just gorgeous - I love those Almanac papers. The lace and the topper give it a real vintagey look. Margie x

NancyD said...

Oh, love the layers on the card. Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Craft Challenges. NancyD

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wow Sarah! What a stunning card! I love the layout...may I borrow? :D Gorgeous details and beautiful image :)

Gerda said...

This card is adorabele!
Thanks for joining us at DCD this week! Hope to see you back next week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Creative Diva said...

This is truly beautiful. Thanks for joining us at DCD.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com

Candy said...

What a gorgeous card! I love all the pearls and distressing and stitching! Fantastic!
Thanks for playing along with the Die Cuttin' Divas this week.
Candy
http://candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

Pia S said...

A beautiful card! Lovely papers and color combo, the stitching is really decorative!

Scrappy Scatty said...

Lovely card
Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges this time
Love Jan
xx

Sarah-Jane said...

Super card. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Sarah-Jane xx

TannyP said...

What a beautiful take on vintage - you do it brilliantly! Love those papers and that ribbon. Thanks for playing along with our Good Ol' Days Challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

Lynne in NI said...

Wow Sarah, what a stunner! That's such a pretty topper and I love your stitching and gorgeous details. Hope you're enjoying our lovely sunshine - makes a nice change!

dawnmercedes said...

The Party Planners at Party Time Tuesdays thank you for participating!

Nicecrane Designs said...

Thanks for your comments about my Harrison Fisher Women at Lisa Minckler blog, woww,, you have a very personal style,

Absolutely stunning card OMG your colorization is perfect,,,,,,,,and every detail here,,,love it.

Take a look at my blog and choose one of the picts from my Wizard of Oz Sheets and I´ll send it free.

Terri's Cards N More said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colors and all the embellishments. Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood this week.

Helen said...

Beautiful and really elegant - I love how you've used the topper.

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog.

Helen x

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

Of course you can use the layout Alyce :)

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Stunning card! Thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at Pennys and good luck Julie x

Diane Davies said...

What a beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters and congrats on being our Top Sister. You have also won the free digis from our sponsor My Heart Pieces. Please email me at diane.davies@yahoo.com so I can get your information to our sponsor. Congrats again!

suzARTe said...

hi Sarah,

I just love this card, so much texture and detail. It looks like this card would have taken you some time to make, all your hard work was certainly worth it :)

Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge by 01/09 :)