Saturday 4 August 2012

New scrap map at CCW

Hello again!

Oh dear, I'm not much good at blogging in the summer......
At the minute I've come down with the flu so I'm writing this post in fits and starts.

As it's the first Saturday in the month (can you believe it's August already!!) we have a new scrap map challenge at Creative Craft World.

This is my take on the sketch

 I used the 'Echo Park Hello Summer' kit and for once I didn't use my Cameo!
I tried to do some paint splatters (lol) with pink paint but I think more of it ended up on my poor laptop than on the page....

The sketch

I cut nine 1½" squares from 5 sheets of the double sided papers and inked the edges with antique linen distress ink. After adhering them to the page I added various sized buttons from Fancy Pants.


The photo is of  Phoebe crossing a wooden bridge at a beauty spot near our home.  She was petrified of the water rushing underneath it so Caleb crossed first and encouraged her from the other side. 
I can remember being afraid of this same bridge as a child and I'm still not keen on crossing it now!

The banner underneath the photo and the sentiments are stickers from the Echo Park kit.


The title is also made with stickers from the kit and I added a doodled string with black pen.  I pierced holes at the 'ends' of the string and put red brads through to 'pin' the string to the page.
To frame the whole page I added faux stitching ¼" from the edge using my Tim Holtz ruler as a guide.

I haven't got round to adding the journaling to the page yet but I made this tag to hide behind the photo.  I cut one of the journaling tags from a sheet of paper in the kit and matted it on to green card.  Using my SU tab punch, I punched a tab from the chevron paper and taped it to the top of the tag.  I hand cut a heart and added 2 mini gems for a little bit of bling!

Don't forget there's still time to enter the mini monochrome challenge at CCW too.
You can find it here.

Thank you for coming to visit my blog today,
I can't promise I'll be back soon but I will be back as soon as I can :)
I hope you have a great weekend!
Sarah xx

10 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sarah, I love the colours and detailing you have added
I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling poorly, I do hope that you are feeling better soon
Hugs Sue

cathi139 said...

hi Sarah,
I love your project, very bright colors, great and many lovely details!!! Hope you are feeling better soon
Hugs Cathi

MiniOwner said...

What a supoer bright happy page. I love it.
Sue x
PS Sorry to hear you are poorly sick. Get well soon, Sarah.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

So cute Sarah! What a gorgeous layout and love the fun bright colours. Hope you are feeling better Soon! :)

Christine L said...

Hi

Love that fab layout!! And Phoebe is very brave!!

I am also terrified of bridges like that... hate the things!

Hugs
Christine x

Victoria said...

What wonderful bright colours. I love this fab layout!

Vicky Hayes said...

So sorry to hear you're poorly Sarah but what a wonderful layout! I like the way the small bright squares don't detract from the photo and I do like a bit of hidden journalling too! Hope you're feeling better soon. Vicky x

Sue from Oregon said...

A great layout and such cool use of your lovely DP's as well!

Desire Fourie said...

Sarah this is just gorgeous. Lots of eye candy hear to feast the eyes on.
Hugs
Desíre
Doing Life
Digistamps4Joy DT Member
Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member

susibee said...

A gorgeous, fun, colourful page and I love it:)