Saturday 6 October 2012

Monthy scrapbook challenge

Good morning!
 
I hope you're keeping well :)
 
The past couple of weeks have been so busy here.
My youngest brother and his family came over from Australia for a short holiday and it has been brilliant to catch up.
I've met my 2 nephews and baby niece for the first time!
It's such a pity they return home today, but they're already planning another trip over next year for Christmas.
 
I'm just popping in today with my scrapbook page for the new challenge at Creative Craft World this month.
 
 
I feel as if I'm always scrapping my younger two but Lydia always disappears when there is a camera about, so I don't have many photos of her. I managed to sneak this one when she was off guard.....it was taken in the spring when we had a picnic for my Dad's birthday.
 
The papers are Crate Paper Bliss and I kept the embellishments quite simple.
The flourish is by Prima and it's all layered on Bazzill french vanilla cardstock.
 
The scrap map
 
I made a little journalling tag to slip behind the photo.  Still to fill it in though!


I tried to think of a fun title but all that came to mind was Hippie Chick....
I knew Lydia wouldn't appreciate it so I went for her age instead.
It's cut out with the Silhouette Cameo from pink Bazzill dot card.
The little wooden hearts are by Studio Calico and I coloured them with a pink Copic marker.

 
For all the details of the scrap map challenge at Creative Craft World click here
and you can find more inspiration from the design team too!
 
Thank you so much for joining me here today.
I will be back on Monday with a new project
but for today I'm off to the airport to say goodbye.....
 
Have a lovely weekend
and take care :)
Sarah xx

8 comments:

MiniOwner said...

Sarah this is just stunning! I love everything about it!
Sue x

Sue said...

This is wonderful Sarah. Such a beautiful photo and gorgeous detailing

Hugs Sue

cathi139 said...

Hi Sarah

I am happy that you had a great time with your brother and family! I understand it is hard to have such distance between... my brother and family lives in Iceland - which is not so far away as Australia, but nevertheless also not "around the corner" ;-)
Love your LO - great choice of papers
Hugs
Cathi

susibee said...

Absolutely gorgeous page and such a lovely photo.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo of Lydia and a stunning page Sarah!!
xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Wow! Vicky x

Aileen said...

Beautiful page. Lydia should be really pleased. Perhaps she'll let you take more photos! x

Anonymous said...

very good!